1. Before purchasing, check audio output of your TV/related audio source first, Digital Optical (Toslink/SPDIF), RCA or 3.5mm AUX Audio Out port is what we need. When using TV optical audio out, MUST set your TV audio format to PCM.
2. Not for TVs with non-functional audio out ports (test before purchase). When hooking up an external audio device, some TV internal speakers might not work or become muted. This is TV’s feature.
3. Please refer to the related video and product comparison table at this page for details.
4. These RF products are not available for pacemaker carrier as well as people with severe hearing loss.
5. We do not recommend charging the speaker while using it to avoid swelling the battery. If an AC adapter is used to power the speaker, the battery can be removed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q 1: Why can’t I hear any sound from the speaker after connecting all the cables well?
1. Ensure you set the TV or TV related AV device’s audio format to PCM when you use digital optical connection.
2. There are three audio cords included (optical, RCA and 3.5mm), in the end, only one of them is needed to complete installation.
3. For some TVs, you may have to activate the TV audio out by changing the TV’s AUDIO OUT setting to "External TV Speakers". Use your TV remote to go to the TV setting menu, select Audio and follow the instructions in your TV user manual.
4. Please adjust the volume of TV and TV related AV device (e.g., TV, cable box, STB) to a sufficient level.
5. Place the transmitter as far as away from built-in Wi-Fi devices esp. Wi-Fi router to avoid interference.
6. Check if you can hear any sound by plugging a normal wired headphone directly into the TV audio out. Or check the quality of your Simolio unit through your iPad/PC etc.
Q 2: Does the SIMOLIO speaker mute the tv sound? Can others in my family hear the TV while I use the SIMOLIO unit?
1. This is a TV feature and its availability depends on your TV design. Please check your TV manual or contact the manufacturer to ask whether the TV speakers can work or not when the audio output is activated.
2. For most TVs, the TV's internal speakers and an external audio device can work simultaneously. Such as, for some newer LG TVs, when do optical audio connection, you can set the “Sound Out” to “Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out(Optical)”. And for some newer Samsung TVs, you can enable this feature by selecting “TV Speaker” from the TV Sound Output lists.
3. However, for some old TV models , the built-in speakers might not work if you choose to use an external audio device (e.g., speaker, headphone). If your TV is like this and you only watch programs from one fixed AV device, such as cable box or STB etc, just hook up the Simolio unit to that device for enjoying TV with your family together.